Wednesday 12 October 2011

Museum of Childhood...

wow.....what a great morning..after a lovely visit to The Create Place, in Bethnal Green..where you can do some great crafty workshops.I decided to pop into the Museum of Childhood...I had not been there since about 2002....so I was absolutely amazed at how great it was! So much inspiration oooozing from the place! Made me feel very nostalgic and the odd little tear crept in as well (well I am a Cancerian...what do you expect ?) Stickle Bricks...Hollie Hobbie, loads of really gorgeous tin and wooden toys...they don't make nice toys like they used to..so much craft involved!! So I got snapping and couldn't stop!! I won't put them all on here but you can see the rest on my flickr page if you feel the need ...enjoy ;)


won't you take me to...funky little wooden town


a funky 1960's owl..wooowooo


the animals came in two by two...

bonkers looking cats...too much catnip!!!

too much catnip for these two as well....



baaaaaaaaaa

nice hair...


love love love these wooden toys...





alo alo...this is a French boat and you can't enter unless you have  silly moustache...







i love this...a huge giant wooden sky scraper









such a funky game...i'd like one of those!!

i used to have these...they make them anymore!! shame they were great...







so I took millions more photos....I highly recommend going to the museum if you get the chance!! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment